Really the best thing you can do it watch the video, and remember the golden rules of applying a big giant screen protector! ie:
- turn off the AC to minimize airflow (and dust circulation)
- Dust is your enemy; do everything you can to prevent dust getting under the screen protector
- Make use of the included dust grabbers to dab around the screen before lowering the screen protector
- We include tape to help with the installation, but because the screen protector has an oleophobic later (to resist fingerprints), no tape will stick very well to it. Take care when maneuvering the protector, and if necessary use additional tape to ensure it doesn't slip while you're moving it around
- Place a towel under the screen, just in case the screen protector slips during installation
- It's a big screen, awkwardly angled, so it really takes time to get the positioning just right. Check all four corners and all the edges before removing the protective backing sheet, and re-position if needed.
With that said, please watch the video - this was a first-time installation, so should give a good idea of how easy it really use, using the supplied accessories, and just taking a little bit of time. Good luck!!
Q: Why did you ship me a protector that's the wrong size?
A: We didn't :-) Because there's no bezel on the screen, there's no margin for error, so even a slight issue with the alignment will make it look crooked, or have edges overlapping. Our strong recommendation is to order the 2-pack, not because it's more expensive, but because you get a practice run, as it's so much easier the second time around if you don't ace it the first time.
Q: The screen protector was damaged in transit
A: If you suspect the contents have become damaged in any way, just reach out to us for an exchange. Please include photos of the damage to both the outside packaging (if applicable) and the protector.
Q: My screen is going crazy after applying the protector
A: Please reboot the screen (car) by holding down the two scroll wheels on the steering wheel for ~10 seconds. This allows the screen to re-calibrate, and normally resolves the issue. If this doesn't work, please let the car go through a sleep cycle (normally overnight, or if it's not used for 4-6 hours).