Abstract Ocean and the services provided ("Service") are maintained and operated by Abstract Ocean, LLC, a company registered in Texas, USA. We use various cloud-based platforms to support our business operations. These are detailed below. We value your privacy, and only collect information required to run our business, and provide you with great service. We will never sell your information.
Essential information we collect
In operating our store, it is essential for us to capture some information about your device, such as your IP address and information related to your visit when you browse our store. For example, this might include time-stamp, the last page or product you visited, the indication that you logged in. We do that in order to:
- remember who you are after you log in so that you do not need to authenticate at each click;
- monitor if our website is running with the high performance we are dedicated to providing;
- let you browse between products without having to start back from the home page at each click;
- remember if you put something in your shopping cart before you decide to checkout; and
- ensure that your data is processed securely.
Order information you expressly provide
If you buy something from our store, we will need more specific information about you. To fully process your order and ship the merchandise you selected, we need your personal data such as your first and last name, your email address and your shipping and billing address. We also use your contact and order information to send you communication related to the processing of your order. We will ask you to provide this information in our “checkout page” before letting you finalize your purchase with the payment. We also support other payment mechanisms that will share your data with us for the purpose of shipping your order.
If you have started to buy one of our products, but have not completed the purchase, you may have provided partial information, such as your email. In that case, we might send you an email to remind you about your interest. If you are not comfortable in receiving further emails of this kind, we will give you a simple opportunity to opt-out. Your privacy means a lot to us and we will stop sending you these communications right away.
We also use some specific information related to your visit, such as the timestamp of your visit, the page or the product you viewed, where you are coming from (if you came to our store because you clicked on an advertisement or you just opened our direct link). This is very similar to the “essential information,” but we use it to provide you with a personalized experience. The information on your visit provides us with insights on your interests and allows us to send you relevant communications. We capture this information through cookies, called a "beacon," that we allow you to block. Using our site implies consent to the use of this information, but you can also use web browsers that offer the ability to block these features.
Vendors, Affiliates and Resellers
In order to conduct business with our vendors, affiliates and resellers, and to comply with fiscal reporting requirements, it might be necessary to exchange or store sensitive information beyond what's described as "essential information". This would generally take the form of documentation, and is securely stored and backed-up using our cloud providers detailed below.
Other uses of personal data
How do we process your information?
We use a number of cloud providers to provide service. Below we have provided details of each of them, and a link to their GDPR FAQ. Any data passed to our provides is done so via a secure mechanism. We use the very best partners to help us focus on providing you with great service.
- Website Hosting: BigCommerce is based in the US and is a participant in the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework and committed to providing best-in-class service and data protection. You can check its participation in the Privacy Shield here on the official site of The International Trade Administration (ITA), U.S. Department of Commerce. Through BigCommerce, we also use other, highly specialized external providers to provide the most competitive services:
- Payment: Our store is PCI-DSS compliant (a very strict industry standard with requirements for the security of credit card information). We use accredited companies to process your credit card information; these include PayPal, Braintree, ApplePay and Amazon Pay.
- Shipping: We integrate with a number of shipping companies to fulfill your orders, including USPS, DHL, UPS and FedEx. We use Shipstation to integrate with these shipping providers, and we share certain data with Shipstation for them to process the shipment, and send you tracking updates.
- Newsletters (emails): We use Mailchimp and Klaviyo to send you newsletters on an occasional basis. We provide your name and email address to them. You can always opt out of these anytime using the link at the bottom of each email. We never sell or provide your information to any other company for the purpose of sending you marketing emails.
- Reviews & Loyalty: We use Yotpo to collect reviews and to manage our loyalty program. To do that, we provide them with order information, including the products purchased, the date of purchase, and your email address. We will send you a reminder to provide a review if we do not hear from you. This will happen once for each order, and you can opt out at any time using the link in the email. Optionally, you can share your social media page(s) and birthday (day & month) with the loyalty platform.
- Document Storage: We use Microsoft Office 365, you can refer to their Trust Center here.
How can you control your personal data?
If you are one of our customers who is in the EU, and we are specifically selling our products to the Member State where you are located, you have specific rights that we are honored to enforce without undue delay: Access, Correct, Erasure, Port, Object. If you cannot exercise your choice on your account page or if you do not have an account with us, please reach out to us.
How long do we keep your data?
We keep your data for as long as you have an account with us. We also keep some data for security investigation. Most importantly, we have specific obligations for fraud detection and tax reasons. Therefore, we might need to retain certain data even if you ask to delete it.
Do we have any legal obligations when handling your data?
Many. We might need to share your personal information to comply with applicable legal obligations.
Who can you reach out to for privacy matters?
You can contact our Data Privacy Leader here:
Peter White (email@example.com)
3930 Glade Rd Ste 108 Colleyville, TX 76034-7923, USA